What are Soapberries?
- Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. Ours are also Certified Organic.
- They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
- Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas.
- The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
- Our Certified Organic Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities.
- By purchasing our product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
- Chemical Free
- Waste Free
- Australian Owned and Run
That Red House Organic Soapberries
Put 5 berries in the cotton wash bag provided and double tie the top. If you like fragrance, add 4-5 drops of 100% Essential Oil and pop it in the wash.